McCain took the fight right to Obama, and won. Although Lehrer and Obama attempted to make this National Security debate more about the economy, McCain effectively highlighted Obama’s wrong economic policies and escaped major damage.
My favorite parts of the debate:
1. He wouldn’t even look at Obama during the debate. He gave him about as much respect as he would Mahmoud Ahmedinejad.
2. McCain’s line: “Senator Obama just doesn’t get it” was very effective in making Obama look inexperienced and out of touch.
3. Obama agreed with McCain on a number of occasions. This made him look weak. McCain’s campaign had a commercial out immediately highlighting this.
4. Obama looked like a frustrated student at times, raising his hand and hoping the teacher would call on him. Lehrer wouldn’t bail him out, and McCain kept on rolling with his points.
5. Obama was visibly frustrated on many occasions. He looked angry at points, and had a strange grin at others.
Now I can’t wait for this Thursday’s debate between Palin and Biden. This is gonna be great. The over/under on Biden gaffes is 3.